If you are worried about a fire in your HDB, make sure you have a laminate fire rated main door. The Singapore Fire Code requires all main doors in public housing estates to be of a certain rating so that in the event of a fire, people can escape quickly and safely.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force recommends that all new HDB blocks have doors that meet the minimum standard of the Singapore Standard NFPA 701, which is a Class A fire rating. Older blocks may still have doors that are rated for less fire resistance and should be replaced immediately.
In this article, you will learn how to protect your home from fire with fire-rated main doors, where to buy them, and more. Keep reading!
HDB Buildings and Fire Safety:
HDB buildings have been around since 1960 and are some of the most common buildings in Singapore. While they are generally safe, several fire safety concerns need to be addressed.
HDB buildings often lack a proper fire escape plan. In the event of a fire, residents will often have to use the stairs, which can quickly become congested. This could lead to people being trapped or injured in a fire.
Another concern is that many HDB buildings do not have adequate firefighting equipment. If a fire breaks out, it could take longer for firefighters to reach the scene and put out the flames.
It is important that HDB building owners work with the relevant authorities to address these concerns and ensure that their residents are safe in the event of a fire.
The Importance of Laminate Fire rated Main Door:
The main doors of any building should be fire-rated, as they prevent the fire from spreading. For a door to be fire-rated, it must meet certain standards set by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association). These standards include things like the door’s ability to withstand heat and flames, as well as how long it will take the door to close once it is activated.
- Fire-rated main doors are especially important in high-rise buildings, as they can help prevent the spread of a fire from one floor to another.
- They are also important in schools and other public buildings, where people may need to escape in a hurry.
- It can help to slow the spread of a fire, potentially buying firefighters more time to get the blaze under control.
- Finally, a fire-rated main door can additional layer of protection can be provided during a fire event.
Best Place to Buy Fire-rated Main Door
When it comes time to buy a new main door for your home, you may be wondering where is the best place to buy a fire-rated door.
There are few places that you can buy but the best ones are available here at Laminate Door
Here are a few reasons why buying a fire-rated door from the laminate door is an ideal choice:
- Our fire-rated door can resist fires for a few hours, giving emergency personnel enough time to extinguish the fire and save your property.
- We have Certified fire-rated doors – from SETSCO & PSB.
- Laminate skin outperforms traditional veneer skin. It is scratch-resistant, water-resistant, and also weather-proof.
- We offer a wide range of customizable designs, and our wooden fire-rated doors can be tailored to meet your specific needs. It will provide complete security for you.
Conclusion: Why Laminate Door is the wise option when choosing a Fire-rated Main Door
In conclusion, having a fire-rated main door is important for safety reasons. It is important to make sure that your HDB is equipped with a fire-rated door. To prevent any damage or injury in the event of a fire.
If not Laminate Door does provides the best Fire-rated door at an affordable price. It is more durable and will provide better protection in the event of a fire. We hope that you find this Post informative, Thanks !